- Visit Buffalo
Shop, Eat, Stay
Find a Business
- Live in Buffalo
Moving to Buffalo?
Find a Business
- Buffalo Chamber
Cook- FT Days, 1000 Bonus
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? Do you want to take your skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience? We're hiring an entry-level Cook! No senior care experience is necessary. We'll train you for this position where you will gain valuable skills. In addition to our generous benefits, we're offering a $1,000 Bonus. We would love for you to join our team today!
Join our talented and friendly team! Here at Park View Care Center, you will feel right at home working with our outgoing staff. We know how to work hard and have fun! Staff enjoy the beautiful view overlooking Sturges Park on the banks of Buffalo Lake. We also have been listed in US News and World Reports as the TOP Nursing Home in the US since 2012.
Park View, a 5-star rated, 123-bed Care Center, is currently seeking a Full-Time Cook to join our beautiful facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents. We provide a restaurant style dining here with a full service menu. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule including every other weekend.
Hours: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Follow and understand diet restrictions and modifications.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- 1+ year of prior cooking/ food preparation experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience preferred. We're willing to train the right person with related experience!
- Strong communication and hospitality skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Bonus Points for...
- Previous healthcare or restaurant experience.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!